Quite common occurrence in the big city is changing your address. Reasons for that are as many as the people, who are moving. It is hard to pinpoint the age range of the clients, as we are having clients of all ages. It is important to know, however, that you better use a moving company with a solid reputation to its name. We have 10 useful tips for successful moving of your belongings.
1. Ask about pre-move inspection of your things. That way you will save yourself some headaches and both sides (you and the company) will be certain on the size of the job, what is to be moved, and even the price, with no random fees. The inspection usually consists of a company representative, who will take a look at your stuff and assess the moving needs and costs based on variety of criteria.
2. It is highly recommended that you use the same company for all your moving needs. That is loading & unloading, transport, etc. That way you will be certain in the company’s responsibility towards your items. It often happens that hiring separate companies will just prolong the work as there will hardly be any cooperation between them and may even turn out to be more expensive.
3. If your bags and boxes are not in a good shape you can often purchase boxes from the moving company. However, be aware of some that use that practice to rip off clients. To make sure that won’t happen, you may consider using H2H Movers.
4. You should require of the moving company you’ve hired to disassemble and then reassemble your furniture, no matter how hard the process may be. For a good moving company this shouldn’t be a problem.
5. Ask if its possible to get a complete offer, which includes all the expenses in moving, including transport, packing & unpacking, loading & unloading, etc. That way you will know what the general price is and you can consider if cutting a service from it is worth it. Also you will have a general guideline what the cost should be and you won’t be ripped off.
6. Some moving companies offer storage facilities for temporary housing of your belongings. If you need something like this is it worth considering, although many people don’t trust companies with much of their stuff. Not that anything may get stolen, but that there might be fire hazard, water leaks and something else, that is unpredicted but might occur.
7. If possible, monitor closely the process of moving, especially the early parts of packing and loading. There are certain companies that will charge you about services on which they never deliver. For example, there is the practice of charging double or triple in “secure” packaging that is actually nothing more than simple wrapping of your things, which is not even expensive. If something like this occurs, be sure to seek your rights!
8. Always bring up the question of insurance. Ask about what kind of insurance a company has for your stuff and what it will cover. If you consider it insufficient, immediately go for another company.
9. If you want to save up on costs, then find your own boxes prior to the move and get a lot of them. More than you estimate. More often than not it will turn out that you are in need of boxes rather than in surplus. So plan accordingly.
10. Always comment with your friends everything that happens while moving. That way you may recommend a good moving company or save your friends some trouble with a bad one. After all that is what a good friend should do.